By accessing or using any of our sites and/or our services or otherwise providing us with any information, you consent to the handling of your information as described in this Policy.
Collection of Your Personal Information
Information you provide to us
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our Website and interact with us, such as when you conduct transactions online, subscribe to receive information or email offers, participate in surveys, participate in a promotion, enter contests or sweepstakes, contact us, or interact with special event or program offers. "Personal information" is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, social media account information, or payment card number. We also collect personal information from third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
Information we collect through these interactions may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, city, state and ZIP code, email address and telephone number), which we may for example link to an IP address
- Demographic information (such as age range, marital status and household composition)
- Payment information (such as credit or debit card information)
- Purchase information
- User and activity data from our Website
- Survey responses
- Photographs (such as those that you may submit for contests or sweepstakes)
Information we collect automatically
We and our third party service providers may automatically collect information about your use of the Website through cookies, web beacons, log files and other technologies. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Domain name
- Browser type and operating system
- IP address
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- Length of time of your visit
- Your activities on our Websites including your movement through our Websites
Referring URL or webpage that led you to our Websites
We and our third party service providers may combine this information with information that we (or they) already have collected about you.Information we collect from third parties
We may collect information about you from third parties, including personal, demographic and aggregate information. For example, we may also obtain information about you from our marketing service providers, advertisers and other third parties.
Information related to employment applications
Your Application Information, once delivered to us, is used only to process your employment request, which includes corresponding with you to make arrangements for your association with us or to notify you of the results of our review of your application.
Privacy of Children
Our Website is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from users of this site who are under the age of 13.
If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent and without proper consent, please notify us using the methods described in the “Contact Us” section so we can investigate and address the matter. If we become aware that a user of our Website is under the age of 13 and has provided personally identifiable information to us via our Website, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files.
Uses of Your Information
- We use your personal information and other information principally to provide our services to you and to fulfill your requests. We may combine, link, or aggregate your information with other information that we have about you, that is publicly available and/or that we have obtained from third parties (either individually or in the aggregate). We also may use your information for the following purposes: To improve your user experience, including by customizing information for you.
- For our operational needs and to facilitate providing services.
- For marketing and advertising, including by combining your information with information we get from third parties for email, direct mail, telephone, web or other electronic advertising and to communicate with you about offers from us or third parties that might be of interest to you. We may also use your information to determine appropriate advertising channels and venues and to place ads on such channels and venues, including placing advertising on social networking sites.
- For surveys and promotions.
- To improve and maintain our Websites and our services, including for other research and analytical purposes.
- For security purposes, to protect our rights and interests and the rights and interests of other users of our services.
Disclosing Your Information
Store Supply Warehouse may disclose your personal information to::
- Third party service providers that assist us and perform functions for us (including technical support, website hosting, marketing support, research, analytics, service/order fulfillment, customer service and credit card processing). In some cases third-party service providers, such as information technology and data processing vendors, data storage services, etc., may be located outside the United States and your personal information may be processed or stored in other countries. We also use third parties to assist us in determining and placing relevant advertising.
- Marketing partners with whom we are collaborating on joint promotions or marketing.
- Our subsidiary and affiliated entities.
- Law enforcement or other third parties to protect the rights or property of Store Supply Warehouse, our customers, our Website or Website users, or to comply with other laws or legal requirements (including subpoenas).
- Third parties involved in business transactions involving us or our affiliates, such as a sale of any portion of our business, or obtaining financing, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
Store Supply Warehouse and our third party service providers collect information by using technologies and methodologies, such as "cookies", tags, web beacons or other similar technologies that enable tracking as you browse our Website. These technologies authenticate you as a user, remember your preferences for using the site, present offers that may be of interest, and facilitate transactions. We and our third party service providers also use these tools to analyze use of our Website and services. We may use this information in the aggregate or combine it with information that we have already collected about you.
Cookie. "Cookies" are small bits of information that are stored on your computer by your web browser. Web beacons or “pixel tags” are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring information. Cookies and these other technologies described below allow us to recognize your preference information, to track your transactions and to facilitate effective website administration.
If you do not want your information to be collected through cookies, you can change the preferences in your particular Internet browser. Some Website functionality may not work properly if your browser does not accept cookies. Please consult your chosen Internet browser for instructions on how to change your cookie settings.
Local storage objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects ("Flash LSOs") to store your preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel“ and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel“ and follow the instructions to review and, if you want, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. These technologies allow us to recognize your preference information, keep track of your transactions and facilitate effective website administration. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We and our third-party service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our sites and services to, among other things, track the activities of visitors, help us manage content and compile statistics about usage. We and our third party service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails sent to you to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Internet Based Advertising and Internet Protocol (IP) Address Targeting
We may work with data providers to serve advertising to you through display media, in printed form, or through other methods or media. These providers may use personal information and other information that we have collected or that you have provided to locate you online, such as when you visit or log in to websites or mobile applications. targeted ads customized to what these companies believe are most likely to be relevant and of interest to you. This information may be linked to online identifiers or IP addresses assigned to you, and to demographic or interest-based data, in order to deliver ads that are customized to what these companies believe are most likely to be relevant and of interest to you (including about our products or services).
To learn more about or opt out of this and other interest-based advertising, please visit the industry opt-out pages operated by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) at http://www.aboutads.info and the by the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://networkadvertising.org. Opting out of one or more NAI or DAI members means that only those particular members will no longer deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our websites or other non-Store Supply Warehouse Websites. In addition, opting out in this way (or through our opt-out cookie) is browser-specific, so if you change your browser, update it, use a different computer, or clear your cookie cache, you will need to opt out again.
In addition, some third party advertising technology Store Supply Warehouse uses to deliver advertisements may utilize separate cookies and other tracking technologies. This technology may be delivered through visits to our Website, email messages, apps or otherwise. Web beacons on some pages of our Website, in conjunction with these advertising cookies and our other cookies, enable the third-party advertising technology to better understand onsite activity in the aggregate, to recognize a browser's cookie when a browser visits this Website, other websites or apps, and to learn which advertisements bring users to our site or our apps or otherwise take action.
Store Supply Warehouse may implement Google Analytics as a tool to help us understand customer visits to our Website and to facilitate advertising features for the Website. As a part of Google Analytics, Google, as a third-party vendor, makes use of certain cookies and anonymous identifiers to serve ads on the Website and to provide certain behavioral, demographic and interest data to third parties. Google’s use of these cookies enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to the Website and other sites on the Internet.
You can stop the collection of information we do using Google Analytics by disabling Google Analytics in your browser’s Add-on settings. You can opt out of Google Analytics by performing changes to your browser’s add-on settings by downloading and installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on found on Google’s Opt-out page (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en). If you opt out of Google Analytics this may also disable Google Analytics for other websites, but this can be enabled again by resetting the add-on in the browser.
Your Access to Your Information
You can create, view or update information in your Store Supply Warehouse account by accessing it through the “Edit Account” section on www.storesupply.com or by calling 1-800-823-8887. We rely on you to keep your information current and accurate.
To protect your privacy, you should not share any of your personal or other information, such as any account number or password, with any unauthorized individuals or third-party information aggregators that would allow them access to your sensitive account information with us.
Protecting Your Information
In spite of security precautions we and our service providers take, the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security of any personal or other information you provide to us.
You may opt out of receiving marketing or promotion-related emails or direct mail from us by accessing your account profile information on the Website and changing your profile to indicate that you want to be excluded. Alternatively, you may contact us by phone, email, or in writing and request a profile change. In addition, emails that we send to you will contain a message and link on how to opt out of that type of communication in the future. Regardless of your opt-out preferences, we reserve the right to send you emails or other communications for administrative purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, Store Supply Warehouse customers who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following address:
Store Supply Warehouse
12955 Enterprise Way
Bridgeton, MO 63044
Attention: California Privacy
Or, you may send us an email at: email@example.com and put “California Privacy” in the subject line of your email.
Store Supply Warehouse
12955 Enterprise Way
Bridgeton, MO 63044
Attention: President & CEO
Or, you may send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or contact us by phone at: 1-800-823-8887.
Legal Effect and Changes to the Policy